Dr. K. T. Ashique
MBBS; DDVL; PGDHS [Medical Cosmetology]. FRCP [London]
Medical Director& Senior consultant Dermatologist.
Dr Ashique is a post graduate in Dermatology from Father Muller Medical College. Mangalore, one of the oldest and prestigious departments of dermatology in the country. Has undergone training in Dermatosurgery
and Aesthetics in Dept. of Dermatology. St. John's Medical College, Bengaluru and holds a Post-doctoral Diploma in Medical cosmetology from RMMC [Annamalai University], Chidambaram. He has been conferred FRCP in
Dermatology by the Royal College of Physicians, London.
An astute clinician and academician par excellence with more than a decade of experience in the field of Dermatology and Dermatosurgery. A pioneer and one of the leading experts in vitiligo surgery in this part
of the country and has done extensive research in the same and is sought for his excellent surgical results. His innovation [Modification of the Chalazion clamp is a runaway hit among dermatologists and
He is also serving as the Associate Editor, Indian Dermatology Online Journal (IDOJ) [An indexed official journal of the Indian
Association of Dermatologists Venereologists and Leprologists, The second largest body of dermatologists in the world].
He has a multitude of publications and invited lectures in India and abroad. His research publications are cited in reputed international textbooks of Dermatology including Andrews Diseases of the skin, 12th
edition and Baran & Dawber’s Diseases of the Nails and their Management, 5th edition.
Awards and Achievements
- Delivered the prestigious Dr.B.M. AMBADY Oration of IADVL for the year 2020.
- Youngest dermatologist to deliver IADVL KERALA oration in the year 2018
- The first winner of the Prestigious ACSI innovation award instituted by Association of Cutaneous surgeons [India] for his paper entitled “Resizing blister roof grafts for Vitiligo surgery” in 2014
Author of Acquired ectopic hypertrichosis of the tongue. Indian J Dermatol VenereolLeprol 2016;82:350-1] that was awarded the best paper in its category by Indian Journal of Dermatology, venereology and
leprology for the year 2016.
- Awarded IADVL Scholarship to attend World Congress of Dermatology, Vancouver 2015
- Contributed innumerable clinical pictures to various text books
- Awarded ACSI scholarship to attend DASIL,South Africa, 2014
- Reviewer of reputed journals including British Journal of Dermatology, British Medical Journal, International Journal of Dermatology, JEADV, IJDVL, IJD, JDDG IDOJ etc
Published >50 papers in various highly revered journals including Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, International Journal of Dermatology, Dermatologic Surgery, Journal of European Academy
of Dermatology and Venereology, IJDVL, IDOJ, IJD,JCAS, Int J Trichology etc.
- Authored NumerousChapters in standard Text booksIncluding ACSI text book of Dermatosurgery, Text book of cosmetic and aesthetic Dermatology